The Belize Ship Registry
- Fast reliable ISO 9001:2008 accredited registration and certification services;
- Worldwide network of Deputy Registrars in major maritime centers;
- Worldwide network of General Safety Inspectors to conduct inspections to verify compliance with international standards;
- Competitive tonnage taxes, fees, discount incentives;
- A well-established legal system and mortgage recording service;
- Competent technical and administrative staff ;
- International Business Corporations;
- Political Stability;
Provisional registration is valid for 6 months and thereafter Permanent registration may be effected given that all formalities have been complied with.
- Application form for Registration completed in its entirety and duly signed by the applicant.
- A copy of an official document proving Ownership (i.e. a notarized Bill of Sale)
- A power of attorney appointing a shipping agent in Belize
- Confirmation of the name of the authorized Recognized Organization that that will be responsible for the issuance of the Statutory Certificates on behalf of the Government of Belize
- Completion of the Minimum Safe Manning Certificate form
- Submission of all applications and documentation required in order to obtain Belize Endorsements for Officers & Engineers as well as for the Endorsements for Ratings working onboard the vessel
- Submission of Blue Card for Bunker Convention Coverage and Application for Bunker for the issuance of the Bunker Certificate
- After the vessel’s registration the Technical Dept., will issue the DMLC Part I
- Apply for the Nairobi Convention at Cook Islands
- MMSI Number
- Application form for maritime ship station license /Letter of Confirmation from the authorized radio accounting entity
- The ISM, ISPS, CSO & Form 2 for issuance of CSR must be completed and submitted
- Copy of vessel’s deletion certificate from previous registry (where applicable)
- Vessel’s complete CSR File (Continuous Synopsis Record) from Previous Registry
An extension period of 3 months can be obtained if all documents for permanent registration are not submitted within the provisional period.
Foreign registered vessels may obtain parallel or dual registration at IMMARBE as a second Registry under the terms of a bareboat charter party provided that the First Registry grants its consent in writing. Upon submission of an authenticated copy of the bareboat charter party, the consent from the First Registry and the corresponding fees, navigation and ship station licenses valid for up to two years will be issued.
A vessel registered at IMMARBE may obtain a parallel registration in another country’s registry based on a bareboat charter party. For this purpose, the applicant shall submit a formal application giving full details of the bareboat charter party. If satisfied that all formalities have been complied with, the Registry’s Head Office may authorize the vessel’s parallel/dual registration for a period of up to two years. During the terms of this registration, all relevant annual and other fees will be payable to IMMARBE. Its title and any mortgages, liens or encumbrances thereon shall be recorded at IMMARBE
Mortgages are recorded upon submission of the Bill of Sale/Builders Certificate, Mortgage Form and deed of Mortgage/Loan Agreement, which must be duly notarized.