Cyprus is mostly famous for its geographic location, the sun, and, of course, the sea. The people of Cyprus, born and raised on an island, grew up with the sound and the feel of the sea. At the same time, in the earlier days, ships were for them the only means of reaching the outside world. It is hence not by chance that Cyprus and Shipping have a common history.
Today, the Cyprus Ship Registry is one of the largest in the EU and the 10th largest registry in the world, while Cyprus is considered one of the largest third-party ship management centres worldwide.
Cyprus has well established itself as a respectful maritime flag and a base for international shipping operations by effectively implementing the relevant internationally applicable safety, security, and environmental protection standards as well as appropriate national measures to offer a favourable regime for foreign investors.
With international representative / affiliated offices in Greece, Malta, the UK, Russia, Hungary, British Virgin Islands, Belize, and Seychelles, we are able to assist our clients, whether they may be shipowners, ship managers, charterers, shipping agents, freight forwarders, shipbroking, and other shipping-related companies in all matters concerning shipping and maritime legislation and regulations.
Our dedicated team of Admiralty and Shipping lawyers can assist with:
- Company registration and setting up of appropriate structure
- Applications for the registration of vessels in the relevant registries
- Registration of a vessel under the Cyprus flag
- Yacht registration
- Renewal of documents of vessels
- Acquisition of vessels
- Transfer of ownership of Cyprus flag vessels
- Deletion of vessels from relevant registries
- Drafting of any agreements relating to purchase, sale, or financing of vessels
- Related company law, tax, and finance matters
Our dedicated team of Litigation lawyers can also assist clients and companies in all manner of maritime disputes and claims such as:
- Contractual claims
- Insurance claims
- Salvage claims
- Vessel construction and/or rebuilding or repairing disputes
- Personal injury claims
- Disputes arising from the employment of officers or crew
- Loss or damage to cargo
- Insolvency matters
Should you require any assistance and/or have any enquiries in the field of Shipping and Maritime law, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org