Circular No. 13/2016 of the Department of Merchant Shipping, dated 26th April 2016, re-issued the guidelines related to ships calling at Cyprus ports .
The required information as per the procedures under the EU Reporting Formalities Directive and the Reporting Formalities for Ships Arriving-Departing from Ports of the Republic Law of 2012, shall be provided online through the SafeSeaNet (SSN) European Platform for Maritime Data Exchange:
- The Notification Prior to Entry into the Ports of Member States;
- The Notification of Dangerous or Polluting Goods carried on board;
- The Notification of Waste and Residues ;
- The Notification of Security Information;
- The Notification 72 hours before arrival , actual time of arrival and estimated time of departure under Port State Control;
It is noted that the operator, master or agent of a ship must notify in electronic format through the CYPOS of the Cyprus Ports Authority, 24 hours before the time of arrival at the port or anchorage or from its departure from a foreign port, given the duration of the journey is less than 24hrs of the below:
- Waste and Residues
- Security Information
The Circular No.13/2010 is effective as of the 26th April 2016 and does not annul or replace any relevant procedures currently in force.