- The launching of the Yacht Registration Centre Y.R.C
- Provision of services
- Awarded for professional achievements
- New recruits to the Shipping Department
Cyprus Shipping Sector Highlights at a glance:
2015 has been a busy year regarding developments in the shipping sector, aiming towards its modernization and its further development and expansion.
- Further revision of the Cyprus yacht leasing scheme with the lowest effective VAT rate of 2,42%, being the lowest VAT in Europe;
- The initiation of new projects for the creation of Marinas;
- Record breaking revenues from ship management activities;
- The reelection of Cyprus as a Member of the IMO;
- The holding of the Cyprus International Maritime Conference, being one of the most well respected and popular shipping conferences worldwide, in Limassol, in September 2015;
- The application of more tax and other benefits for ship owners, having their vessels registered under the Cyprus flag.
- The signing of Double Tax Treaties with Ukraine and Iran;